Thursday 25 May 2017

General d'Armee List Creator

As many of you are aware the new General d'Armee rules have just been released. I'm waiting for my hard copy to arrive in the mail to New Zealand. Having pre-ordered though, I also got a PDF version of the rules and I've been having a read of them. 

While I'm waiting I also made this spreadsheet for working out points costs of army lists. I thought I'd share it in case anyone else is interested. Points details are as described in Appendix B (page 104) of the General d'Armee rulebook.

Download it from this link:



Note: I made it in WPS Office and it should be compatible with Microsoft Excel.
Also, I'm no expert on creating such things, but I got impatient waiting for someone else to do it and miraculously it seems to work as far as I can tell! Let me know of any errors you find or if you create a better version somehow.


Update 21.08.2021:  Mark Schultz from the GDA forums has made an updated version, including the FAQ from 2018 I believe, and gave me permssion to host it here. I have not tested it myself yet, but imagine it works fine. Thanks! :)






10 comments:

  1. Good work Mark - thank goodness for practical and generous blokes like you or we Luddites would be stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Mark, we start to use it immediately here in Madrid :) If we find something wrong I'll let you know... gracias for the job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great glad it's useful, and thanks Jon!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Mark. Once you get through the rules and a game under your belt, i would enjoy reading your first impressions and a review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, and yes I'll post a report once we get under way with it :)

      Delete
  4. Mark thanks for that , as Jonathan said please give us your impressions / test game reviews etc please
    I'm going through Over the Hills and loving it but am really interested in Dave Browns rules too
    Peter

    ReplyDelete